Thursday, October 20, 2016

IAN KENNEDY MASTERCLASS


What a good day it was today.

I was at Ian Kennedy's live drawing session this afternoon. I've known Ian for years, and been a huge fan of his work for decades before I ever met him.

I've interviewed him, commissioned him and had some nice chats with him and his wife.

But one thing I've never done is actually watch him work. How does he draw those beautiful comic layouts and paint all those wonderful colours?

What a thrill to watch him apply the brush to a picture of the Mekon he'd previously drawn in his own distinctive style.

He's doing another masterclass this Saturday at Dundee Comics Creative Space. If you are interested in comics, or painting in general, I'd seriously recommend going along to that. Details can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment